Vrzhu Press . . . In The News!!
Vrzhu Author Kim Roberts's The Kimnama is reviewed in the latest ish of Ghoti Magazine. Oddly enough, Ghoti Magazine is not devoted to George Bernard Shaw studies.
What I want right now
I want some of you creative types to do something with these (see below) right now. The name of your new journal, a crown of sonnets, I don't care what.
There's a nice "this I believe" over at the Plan B Press blog. I have a lot of admiration for this outfit and their inherent integrity.
Some random notes from the F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference, which I attended this past weekend:
- One of the speakers saying that F. Scott was a better writer than Ernest Hemingway. Well, he is.
- Elmore Leonard talking about reading F. Scott when he [Leonard] was starting out in writing: He used a lot of words.
- Leonard clearly more comfortable reading from one of his books (Killshock) than speaking about F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Gotta check out the new issue of Gargoyle.
- Katherine Smith is a class act. Buy her book of poetry, Argument by Design.
- If you're at a multi-author book signing, sitting between two writers whose books are selling like hotcakes, it has no observable effect on the sales (lack of) of your books, even if, at some point, you say loudly to yourself: "My poetry chapbook is more goddamned hardboiled than any five best-selling mystery novels put together, unh."
- The delusion (scourge) that There's Money To Be Made In Poetry has not been completely eradicated.
- Though I wish, when crushing these misinformed human's hopes, I had said: "Wait! Except for conceptual poetry. That stuff is pulling in the benjamins! It's like the crack cocaine of poetry!"